The Halogen Bulb
A good alternative to conventional incandescent bulb, soon disappeared.
Benefits of halogen bulb:
- Life of 2000-3000 hours, two to three times more than a conventional incandescent lamp;
- A “warm” light but whiter than the conventional incandescent bulb. This is the closest to the light fixture;
- Twice as high as conventional incandescent light efficiency;
- A stable brightness over the entire life cycle of the lamp;
- A smaller light to project a more targeted way;
- No toxic material from entering its composition.
- A surface temperature of the very high light (200 ° C to over 1000 ° C) which requires special measures for fire prevention;
- The internal temperature is significantly higher than the standard incandescent bulb (2 500-3 100 ° C) for generating the UV emission. However, the risk is eliminated if a protective screen of glass or plastic covers the bulb, which is usually the case;
- A greater than the ordinary bulb cost, due to the complexity of its manufacture;
- If it is associated with a frequently used dimmer, his life will be much shorter, unless you take some steps (see below).
Disadvantages of halogen bulb:
The notice of Ecohabitation:
A good alternative in terms of sustainability and environment, the conventional incandescent lamp, which disappear from stores in 2014 to avoid using your halogen bulb prematurely push dimmer thoroughly for several minutes to allow the filament regenerate. Finally, remember that its surface is hot, watch out for little hands!